There are several types of hair extensions available:
- Clip-In Extensions: These are temporary extensions that you can clip into your hair for added length and volume.
- Tape-In Extensions: These extensions are taped to your natural hair and lie flat against the scalp for a seamless look.
- Micro-Link Extensions: Also known as micro-bead or micro-ring extensions, these are attached using small metal rings that hold the extension and natural hair together.
- Fusion Extensions: These involve bonding extensions to your hair using adhesive or keratin bonds, providing a long-lasting effect.
- Sew-In Extensions: Also called weaves, these are sewn into braided hair using a needle and thread.
- Halo Extensions: A single weft of hair attached to a transparent wire, which is placed like a halo on your head.
- Wigs and Hairpieces: Complete hair systems that cover your head entirely or partially.
Each type has its benefits and considerations, so it’s essential to consult with a professional to determine the best choice for your needs.